Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm back - thanks to Bono!

Did everyone see the following AP article:

Bono Says His Music Will Last 100 Years

NEW YORK (AP) - Bono says he'd rather be remembered for his music than his activism.

A dedicated lobbyist for the world's poor and AIDS-stricken, the U2 frontman told CBS'"60 Minutes" that "I think my work - the activism - will be forgotten.
"And I hope it will. Because I hope those problems will have gone away," he said in an interview that aired Sunday.

Since 1999, Bono has helped persuade Republicans and Democrats, presidents and lawmakers, to provide millions to help end the scourge of AIDS, eliminate poverty in Africa and forgive Third World debt.

The Irish rocker also predicted that his music will still be around in 100 years, explaining that his songs occupy "an emotional terrain that didn't exist before our group did."

And Bono said he has no intention of slowing down. He noted that people in rock 'n roll burn out at age 40, and said he wanted to see if his band could continue making "extraordinary" music.

"You know I'm still hungry," said the 45-year-old winner of 14 Grammy awards. "I still want a lot out of music."

What?!?!

"an emotional terrain that didn't exist before our group did." -

There is someone who can't get enough of himself. Sure I like U2 (although I'll never spend a penny on their music) - but if he was so concerned about the little man - how about donating his proceeds to charity? If his music is so grand - how come the Beatles still out sell them - a group that has half of their members in the grave!? Bono is too pompous for his own good - give me Led Zepplin, give me the Beatles - give me some classic Doors - U2 just lost a place on my iPod playlist.

No comments: